![]() |
| Ellis Posner Sells Redondo and Hermosa Beach CA Real Estate |
So what differentiates a Realtor from others and makes them a top agent in their area? Certainly local market knowledge as evidenced by sales counts. As does length of time in the business and any reviews found on either sites such as Yelp, Zillow, or Trulia.
I was a little curious how the Zillow acquisition of Trulia would affect their ratings for Real Estate Agents and Brokers since they each use a somewhat different criteria and methodology. As it turns out, personally it has been better for me. Well sort of, anyway. Zillow rates Realtors in a number of different categories such as most active (I was number one and still am), most recent sales (I dropped a few notches) and best local reviews (number one and crushing the competition). They also rate for most active listings which in this marker may be a negative indicator as it means your listings are overpriced, lol.
Trulia's methodology is based more on who has dome the most sales in Redondo Beach. So someone who maybe had a lot of sales 5 years ago but nothing recently may appear higher ranked than someone who has more recent and relevant experience.
Truthfully, the best algorithm might be to weigh total sales vs recent sales. We'll see if they go to that at some point. Believe it or not, they seem to have very accurately and correctly consolidated all the reviews without either dropping any or duplicating any. Good IT work - better than some IT companies I've worked with.
In any case, I am very pleased to have retained my top billing. The map at the top shows some, but not all of my recent Redondo Beach (and Hermosa Beach too actually) sales.

Comments
Post a Comment